The effectiveness of speleotherapy
The method of speleotherapy is one of the promising non-medicinal methods of treatment of bronchial asthma (BA), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), allergic processes (rhinitis, pollinosis, dermatitis), allows to prevent the progression of these diseases in the early stages of development and, at the same time, has no significant adverse effects.
The therapeutic effect during 30 years of the institution’s functioning remains steadily high and does not fall below 97.0%.
The most significant effect is achieved:
- In patients with an allergic form of bronchial asthma
- Decrease in the frequency of choking attacks by 99.3%
- complete cessation of choking attacks after treatment in 42%
- In patients with chronic bronchitis
a decrease or disappearance of dyspnea, a
- significant improvement in sputum production in 74.0%
- A rarer and more productive cough up to the complete cessation in 33%
Repeated courses of speleotherapy result in longer and more stable remissions:
- mild bronchial asthma – persistent remission lasts up to 2.5-3 years
- medium bronchial asthma – remission up to 1.5 years
- Severe bronchial asthma – remission of 1 to 3 months